Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

This my my second attempt at Chicken Parmesan. I liked it so much the first time, I just had to try it again! This is a pretty simple dish and I think its going to become a regular in my rotation. Aleia's Italian bread crumbs work great for this, but if you can't find them, I think any gluten free breadcrumbs would work with a little Italian seasoning. Serve this with a salad or with gluten free pasta!

Ingredients:


1 egg
1/2 cup of milk

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I actually had 5 thin ones)
1 jar of tomato sauce (I like Classico Tomato Basil)
1 package of Mozzarella cheese 
Parmesan cheese
Aleia's GF Italian bread crumbs

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together egg and milk in one bowl and empty bread crumbs into another bowl. Dip chicken breasts into egg mixture and then coat with bread crumbs. Brown chicken on both sides in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Arrange chicken in a baking dish and cover with half of the cheese slices, entire jar of spaghetti sauce, a handful of Parmesan cheese and then layer on the remainder of the Mozzarella cheese slices. Bake for 25 min or until bubbly. 




Mmmm....


Ta-da! Just a gooey mess of cheese and sauce!


No comments:

Post a Comment