Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mini Quiche

Sorry for the long break...bloggers need vacations too! I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. Mine was spent with friends near Rohoboth beach, DE. There will be plenty of gluten free vacation meal pics to come, but alas, that is another entry. For now, I want to talk breakfast.

I have grown so sick of fruit and yogurt for breakfast that something had to be done. I didn't think quiche would ever be an option, but decided to take on the challenge. I just wanted something warm, different and easy to grab for work in the morning. These mini quiches will do the trick. I've never had a better quiche, let alone a gluten free one! I got about 12 quiches out of this recipe, but next time I would double it so I could share.

Ingredients:
1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
5 oz Velveeta cheese 
1/2 cup butter
2 TBS water
2 eggs
1/2 cup half and half
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup swiss cheese
2 TBS water
1/2 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup crumbled bacon


Directions:
Put flour, Velveeta and butter into a bowl and cut until crumbly.


Add water and form dough into a ball.


Put this into the fridge for an hour (this is when I made my bacon and thawed my spinach), then press into greased muffin tins.


Now for the filling!! Beat eggs with half & half and salt. Then add swiss cheese, spinach and bacon and mix. Spoon filling onto crusts and bake for about 20 min or until amazing!

Delicioso! 

Feel free to replace any of the filling ingredients and let me know how it turned out. I think I would like to try ham & cheddar or a veggie quiche with mushroom and onions next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment